Friday, January 21

Nutella Cupcakes

I had lunch in this chocolate-inspired establishment with a dear friend of mine today.  Influenced by the flavors from this afternoon's meal, I've decided to make some chocolate cupcakes using one of The Young Tongue's favorite sweets...Nutella.

 Beat an egg.
 Add Nutella.
 Mix until well blended.
 Add some all-purpose flour.
 This is gooey goodness.
 Line your mini cupcake sheet with paper.
Using a spoon, fill the cupcake mold about 3/4 or to the brim.
Add your nut of choice.  It would have been perfect with some hazelnut slivers but I only had ground almonds in my kitchen.
Place in a pre-heated oven, 180 degrees celcius, and bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
Eh voila!
 Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
I personally like it molten, so I stop baking at 11 minutes.  I forgot to capture it fresh from the oven, so it doesn't look as molten as it should.

These mini cupcakes last for 3 days.  Ask your pediatrician if your little one can eat nuts.  If nuts aren't allowed, omit the last step.

Enjoy with some vanilla ice cream or coffee.