Saturday, January 22

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcakes

Today's sweet inspiration is dedicated to my business partner, Rina.  Her excitement to bake yesterday's cupcake (according to her, it sounded fairly simple, and I couldn't  agree more!) made me want to share the idea of knowing the right "technique".  It's not so much the recipe that's important, which I learned at the Le Cordon Bleu.  When you understand a cooking/baking principle, you can switch ingredients as you please and the outcome is somewhat the same (only the flavors change).

This afternoon, I made 2 variations on yesterday's recipe.  I used Peanut Butter (Peter Pan Honey Roast Crunchy to be exact) instead of Nutella and, I added Chocolate Chip Morsels (from Ghirardelli).

Here's how...
 Beat an egg.
 Instead of using Nutella, use Peanut butter.  Whisk until well-incorporated.
Here you see The Young Tongue thoroughly inspecting if the Kitchenaid knob is in "lock" position.  I'm actually thrilled to know that she doesn't like to be idle.
Add corn syrup.  I added this to make sure that it's gooey enough (the Peanut butter I used had a thicker consistency than the Nutella).  Keep adding corn syrup until you get the desired texture.  Then add the flour.  Continue to blend.
This is the consistency I was after (like the Nutella cupcake version).  You can opt to stop here if you don't like to add chocolates.
Place in a cupcake sheet lined with paper.
Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 13 to 14 minutes.  Yesterday's recipe only required 12 minutes.  I decided to prolong the baking time so that it's not molten.
Eh voila!  Mini Peanut Butter Cupcakes.
As my title implied, I've opted to add chocolate chip morsels.  I like to use the semi-sweet variety so that it's not too sweet.


Once they're baked, remove from the oven and place on top of a wire rack to cool.  Wasn't that fairly simple?  It took just as little effort, right?
And for a job well done, I've decided to give her lychee yogurt as a snack (like her mama, she has a fondness for Elle & Vire).  She'll have to stay away from these mini cupcakes because of it's nut content.  And although she's not allergic to them, I try not to give her too much of it until she turns the ripe age of 2.