Wednesday, January 19

Lola's Banana Bread

Six months went by so quickly. I was too preoccupied with creating and testing recipes with my partners for Oh, Baby! All Natural Baby Foods that I've stopped blogging. Now that I have more time in my hands (having launched our brand and our products), I've made a commitment to try as best as I can, to upload entries into this blog.

This recipe came from my late Grandmother, Jacinta. She taught me how to cook, bake, sew, crochet, garden, amongst many other things. Whenever I feel like remembering happy times in the kitchen, I always cook something I learned from her. Incidentally, this was the first recipe I taught The Young Tongue last summer.


To make this simple Banana Bread, all you need are:




1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2 pieces Bananas, ripe
1 1/4 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt


Using a white paddle, soften butter until it turns pale yellow in color.

Add brown sugar until well dissolved.


Add the egg.
Add the bananas, a piece at a time.
Add all the dry ingredients. Blend until pick-up stage.
Place the dough in a baking pan lined with paper. I used this le creuset mold I've had for more than a decade. Back then, I invested in heavy-duty pots and pans and imagined passing them down to my daughter.
Place in a pre-heated 180 degree Celcius oven. Bake for 50 minutes.
The Young Tongue likes to watch things bake/roast/cook in her oven. Quality control is very rigid here.
You can opt to put an aluminum foil wrapper, shiny side down, to avoid it from burning. I like putting the aluminum foil shiny side down so that it doesn't deflect the heat improperly.
Cameo right on the spot. Our family dog, Wagyu, poses while we wait for the bread to bake.

p.s.
For variety, you can add a cup of chocolate chip morsels, dried fruits, nuts, or a combination of them all. My brother despises the addition of all of these things. A purist for food, he requested over Sunday lunch that I make one for him plain.