Tuesday, August 28

chEAT SHEET Memphis: Charles Vergo's Rendezvous Charcoal Ribs

Rendezvous is responsible for Memphis' moveable feasts, all thanks to their world-renowned dry ribs. 
Missing it is close to impossible albeit being juxtaposed in a basement and in an alley downtown.  Just follow your nose.  It's chute emits the most aromatic barbecue scent the South has to offer.
Allow me if I may, humble brag about the fact that I was lucky enough to know a few well-connected people downtown.  We actually got the chance to reserve tables which never happens at Rendezvous.  They don't take reservations any given time of day and this goes without saying, even during the Annual World Barbecue Championships which excite just about every single barbecue expert in the world.
First things first.  Have some sausage...
Then gumbo...
Then have the main thing... a full order of charcoal-broiled ribs (first photo up above) with a side order of slaw and beans.
Magically moist, tasty, and soft to the bite, I want to eat these ribs at least once a month for the rest of my life.  Mmmm... I need a time machine.  

Charles Vergo's Rendezvous Charcoal Ribs
52 South 2nd Street, Memphis
(901) 523 2746