Friday, November 25

Chicken with Chorizo

We love chorizo at home.  The Young Tongue and I can finish a whole piece, thinly sliced, as a snack.  When I want the flavor of chorizo to linger in my mouth, I usually incorporate it into a dish.  And so, I decided to put sliced carrots and onions into a baking dish.  I drizzled it with some extra virgin olive oil, seasoned it with salt, and then topped it with sliced chicken fingers.  I took the skin out because the chorizo is fatty enough and I wanted to include some butter.  
The carrots and onions can act as your trivet.  This will ensure the chicken pieces from not sticking into the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle the chicken with some rosemary before tossing it into a pre-heated oven, 180 degrees celcius.  Then add the chorizo during the last 5 minutes of the baking process so it doesn't toughen up and get too burned.