Tuesday, March 2

My Roots

I was 9 years old when I decided I wanted to become a culinary artist. After finishing a business degree in De La Salle University, I studied at Le Cordon Bleu, London Culinary Arts Institute.

Captivated by an energetic team of instructors who have worked for Michelin-starred chefs, cutting edge kitchens for classrooms, and long established techniques for lessons, I knew that this was where I would get my foundation. You can sort of blame them for the beginning of my love affair with the rigidity and yielding ways of anything culinary.

No amount of summer jobs in restaurants prepared me for the year I spent here. This was where I learned my craft, smoked out the heat, and met some of the most captivating characters in my life.

Finishing in this school has constantly opened doors for me. I've used all the techniques I've mastered here in professional kitchens in Asia and the Middle East. And I still do now even though it's just in my humble kitchen and I only have a young tongue to feed.