Friday, December 30

Focaccia with Balsamic Vinegar

We love bread at home and I always have it with my meals.  Focaccia, an Italian flat bread, remains to be on my top 10 list of all time.   We're celebrating our last few days of 2011 on a high note and I've decided to limit my time in the kitchen so that I could spend some more quality time with visitors, both family and friends, from the Philippines.

Just get good quality ingredients and let them speak for themselves as I always say and stress.  I like to warm up my focaccia in the oven before serving it with really good balsamic vinegar from Modena, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil (I like mine from Spain or Italy), and a stravecchio (24-36 months) Parmigiano-Reggiano.  And oh, pair it with a good Chardonnay and you'll say life has been good.
Thank you Lord for all the wonderful blessings, surprises, and goodness 2011 gave!  We are looking forward to 2012 already.