Who doesn't love Crispy Catfish Salad?! The interplay of flavors -- tart, sweet, salty, sour, umami, and kokumi is what makes this salad so interestingly and uniquely Thai!
1 Catfish, grilled, skin-on
Cooking oil, for deep-frying
1 Thai Green Mango
6 Shallots, sliced ever so thinly
1 Tomato, sliced
Lettuce leaves, washed
1-2 Thai Chillies
1. Shred the grilled cat fish flesh into small pieces, removing the skin and bones.
2. In a hot wok with cooking oil, deep-fry the catfish until you can form the shape of the fish back, by folding it.
3. Remove the catfish and drain off the excess oil.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, to taste.
5. Garnish your plate with the lettuce leaves, tomatoes, and top with the catfish, mango, shallots, and peanuts. Drizzle with the sauce.