Saturday, April 30

Strawberry and Feta Salad

As the whole world watched Will and Kate tie the knot, I was busy with a business dinner.  On my way home last night, I was reminded of my days as a chef for the British High Commission in Singapore; and today, I made this salad I used to prepare for The High Commissioner on a typical day.

Just combine equal amounts of feta cheese, freshly sliced strawberries, and fresh cherry tomatoes.  Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with sea salt and pink peppercorns, and add copious amounts of caramelized balsamic vinegar.
Serve with baby radicchio leaves on the side.  I purposely do this so that my greens won't wilt and wither away with the olive oil mixture.

Oh, if I might add, the High Commissioner was at first impartial to try fruit with his salad.  I then challenged his idea by sharing the thought of tomatoes as part of the fruit family!  And he never looked back since.