Monday, March 7

Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini in Tomato Sauce

I still remember the first time I had a really good tortellini.  It was a summer day in Rome and my friend had wanted me to try hand-made ones.  It was so small, the pasta  paper thin, and the mushrooms inside were so tasty.   I remember not wanting that meal to end.

I'll share a pasta recipe from scratch some day as soon as I unearth my pasta maker.  And since I opted to use store-bought pasta, I thought I could do justice by making the sauce from scratch.
Pretty straightforward to use, this frozen tortellini requires you to plunge in seasoned boiling water for just 5 to 6 minutes.
Once it's cooked, strain and put on top of your sauce of choice.  I served mine with basic tomato sauce, recipe found here, and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.