Monday, March 15

Couch Potato

When I was pregnant with the young tongue, all I ever did was stay at home. My first doctor (I had to find a more lenient one eventually) advised that I were to strictly stay in bed and husband was more than willing to become the General Commander of the house. It was the first time in my life that I ever stayed still. Feeling the heat of the kitchen and traveling were few and far between. It was as if heaven and earth connived for me to have this much-needed furlough. And so it was, 8 months spent away from the kitchen. All I ever did was fritter away in my couch.

Whoever told me that I was going to be up and about after giving birth was right! Fast forward after months of nursing, setting up a business, and learning for the most part, how to become a mom -- we were busy negotiating for her new nest last week, so I acknowledge the fact that this blog has run dry.
Mea culpa. Today, I have promised to work on my shipments for my up-coming on-line baby store (more about that later). Which left me with 20 minutes in the kitchen.  So to relish the potatoes in all of us, I have decided to cook something unpretentious.

Tyrollian Bacon with Chicken and Squishy Potatoes

1 piece Potato
1 piece Chicken Lollilop (or half a wing)
1 piece Tyrollian Bacon (about 1in x 1in x 1in)
1 piece Sun-dried Tomato
Water
Salt







1. Peel the potato and dice into small cubes. The smaller they are, the faster they'll cook.
2. Remove the skin from the chicken wing.
3. Boil some water. I usually cheat by doing this ahead of time.
4. Put all the ingredients (bacon, chicken, potato, sun-dried tomato, and water) in the pot. Ensure that the water covers all the ingredients. Bring to a boil then simmer until the potato is soft. This will take about 15 minutes.
5. Season with salt. I only season at this point because I rely on the flavor of the bacon.
6. Transfer everything into a bowl. There should be enough liquid to help you mash the potato.
7. Remove all the meat and tomato. And using a fork, mash your potato.
NOTE: Tomato skins are the most difficult to digest. Remove the skin before giving this to your infant.
8. On a chopping board, slice and dice the chicken meat and the bacon to small bits, easy enough for your young tongue to bite. I also like playing with texture so don't let it get too mushy that there won't be a difference between the potato and meat.
9. Combine meat and potato and allow to cool.
10. Serve.